Home Bottlehead Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

A giant has fallen

John Camille was a true giant. Sadly he has fallen. I met John at VSAC99 and was impressed and in awe of someone special from the first moment. John was a giant on many fronts.

John was an accomplished theoretician as well as practioner of the audio arts. His intellect, his rigour, his discipline was and is a model for all of us in audio to emulate and, most of all, admire. John also had the greatest of people skills and John also knew how to enjoy life and have fun. I wish I could carved some canyon roads with John the motorcyclist.

On the personal side John was an extremely admirable individual. Standing tall and as big as Texas John was a very gentle individual. I remember musing at VSAC99 about how great of physical conditioning John was in and how he was already retired and in his mid-swixties if I have this right. It was just a few short weeks after VSAC99 that we all learned that John had been struck with cancer and that it was a particularly agressive form. It dumbfounded me then and it hurts me now that he is gone. He will be sadly, sadly missed. My heart is heavy for our and his loss.

John, I will always remember you and admire you. May all the angels be with you in perpetuity.

Mike LaFevre
MagneQuest

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • A giant has fallen - Michael S LaFevre 21:43:07 04/24/00 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.