Home Bastanis DIY Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

RE: A couple Promethius questions

I agree that Robert's method is the ideal, but in my case very unpractical. My bass units are directed along the diagonal of the room and tilted backwards to use the longest distance available. In this way there is no single lowest resonance frequency. I first had my bass units parallel with the back wall. This gave a very strong and irritating resonance at 39 Hz, which exactly matched the distance of the speaker to the opposite wall. With the speakers along the diagonal the resonance is smeared out in the range of 30 to 35 Hz but far less pronounced and not irritating.

Playing around with the bass filter is also very unhandy for me because I built it in to my amplifier. I once tried to combine the filter with a phase shifter. Unfortunately, both parts worked fine separately but when combined they influenced each other and could not be used. Two solutions for very flexible matching are available. The first one is to use a Behringer DCX2496 but this will degrade the sound. Even better is to go fully digital, e.g. with brutefir but that is a lot of work.

Kind regards,
Eddie

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.