Home ANK AudioKits Forum

ANK AudioKits support forum

M3 Line preamp deep noise/ parts identification

Hi all
Some months ago i observed a strange deep sound coming from the loudspeakers after M3 was "heated" enough. The sound was a deep strong heartbeat like noise. The music didnt stop but the sound was there without a typical repetition pattern (intermittent). First i spotted that it came from M3 (by replacing it temporarily). I ve also changed all valves with spare ones but in vain.
After optical survey i ve seen a polystyrene capacitor not in good shape on the M3HTR PCB (12/01/2004)(right next to the choke in front of the Transf2).Can somebody identify what is the capacitance/voltage of this capacitor(C103)[ and what is the exact type (and role) of the CTR101 transistor kind of thing connected with wires to the PCB. Is there a diagram of the circuit available? Because after replacing the capacitor with a new [620pF, 630V]i had a small explosion with victim the CTR when connected to mains.Any suggestions also of what else i have to check and replace?
Thanks in advance - kteg

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - M3 Line preamp deep noise/ parts identification - kteg 14:17:41 10/21/13 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.