Home ANK AudioKits Forum

ANK AudioKits support forum

RE: The Preamp Kit V10

I understand how the audio industry works through and through.
I understand how they justify their charges also. You want it? You pay it! Still when you are buying something that effects your pleasure control, its no surprising charges can be so high, and also like watching steak cook reviews and literature make the masses salivate. You want the highs without the wallet crunch? Buy second hand. You want to see if equipment "could" be improved, then start rolling the expensive parts. (improved could mean different dependant on how components work in circuit. No improvement IS guaranteed also.)
Still because I know this, I can work towards my own nirvana with my eyes open. I have a NOS DAC and Transport that I would NEVER modify. It sounds exactly as I would ever want it to sound. Perfect out of the box.
Modification is an itch to be scratched. You can tell people that they are wasting their money by changing bits, but the human way of working is what if? I love that.

As long as at the end of the day everybody realises modification can take the magic out of your system as well as potentially add it :)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.