Home ANK AudioKits Forum

ANK AudioKits support forum

RE: The Preamp Kit V10

They sell for you to try more trinkets but more so, they sell to keep the cash flow going. It's like when is the likeliness that after spending around $2K(or more) for a DAC that you are buying a new one for that or more money. No time soon. And if you did do that, what is the likeliness you are staying with the same company. Some do but most don't so to keep the cash register alive(sorta speak) "trinkets" are sold for your imagination. been there, done that!

My skepticism came when I once bought a very expensive pair of Audio Research amps and I was filling out the warranty cards. No sooner than they got the cards in the mail a letter for an upgrade(again, sorta speak) to those ungodly expensive amps came in the mail. I was curious so I acted on it but the real that that got me suspicious was that they had to be sent back to the factory to get it installed, you pay for labor and shipping in both directions. And do you know what the "upgrade" was? It was a resistor in the bias supply. Had nothing to do with anything but using this overpriced resistor in place of the one that was in there at a value of 1K less than the original. But as in anything else out there, most want the latest and greatest and after buying it they have to talk themselves into liking what they hear because of all the $$$$$ spent.

You ears! Your money! Don't be fooled by marketing strategy. As you said, you like to tinker and that is fine. But if you think you are going to get better results, well, that is left up to your imagination. I would say if there was better it would be in there and they would just charge for it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.