Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Prima Luna Prologue 7 - Any thoughts?

I have been living with the Prologue 7 monoblocs for about 3-4 months now, and I wanted to share some initial thoughts on this really great amp. I have previously used Krell solid state electroncs and various tube gear (Dynaco, Mac, Mesa), but nothing I have had in my system has been as well balanced as this amp. It just does everything well, and has more detail than any tube amp I have used in the past. I feel that paired with my Dunlavy IVs, my system has never sounded so good. There just seems to be more of everything (bass, top end extension, midrange magic, detail, etc). This amp seems to present the music effortlessly, working in the background without calling attention to itself. It's really hard to believe that you can now get this level of performance for such a reasonable price. I sure appreciate the effort that Kevin Deal and Herman van den Dungen have put into bringing this amp to the market at a price mere mortals can afford.

I know there are not that many out in service yet, but I wondered what others feel about the sound of this amp?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Topic - Prima Luna Prologue 7 - Any thoughts? - Comity 06:54:45 04/18/06 (4)

You can not post to an archived thread.