Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Yamaha RXA3040 circuitry protect?

Has anyone had subwoofer output issues after connecting an external amplifier? Is there some protective circuitry I'm unaware of? After extensive discussions with Yamaha staffers via chat, hooked up (both Yamaha) DSPA2070 TO slave RXa3040 as the only way to connect presence speakers using bi-amp on my fronts (7.1). Respectively:
1) read the manual on the former and set parameters/adjusted volume amongst all speakers
2) verified proper positive and negative connections directly to the main speaker inputs
3) Main in left and right on former to zone 2/front high presence pre-out on latter

subwoofer working just moments before no longer does…

1) swapped out subs with existing alternate in another room and no sound from either, but both subs working on alternate system.
2) simple ground tap at sub out 3040 creates typical hum
3) power light at rear of subwoofer on
4) 3040 display shows all speakers on including sub
5) tried different jacks and both red/yellow sub inputs

if both subs worked flawlessly on another system and we did not do anything that would remotely provoke shorting a channel amp, no errors or faults noted and everything else working, what could it be? Can I simply use another of the multitude of pre-outs and test? Or must it be the sub out only as active/powered?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Yamaha RXA3040 circuitry protect? - tjs_rebirth07@yahoo.com 15:49:56 11/01/16 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.