Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Power amps, and 7.1 denon

I'm not a fan of Carver personally. Arcam sounds good but they are expensive and unless have changed recently spec and designed to work with 4 ohm speakers.

The Adcom amps I mentioned used are a good deal and typically run $500.00 give or take depending on condition and owner. A Bryston 3Bst usually sells used in your budget, although only rated at about 100 watts I guarantee it would romp the CV's. Plus, if I remember they can be bridged so down the road you can buy another and have monoblocks, at least double the power.

New, the Marantz are a good buy. For a bit more money, I think around $1300.00 Rotel has a Class D amp 200x2 that would do the job. I believe the Parasound Halo A23 is also not much over your budget. There may be some other offerings in your price but that's what I have off the top of my head, LOL.

Keep in mind not all watts are created equal. I think you are on the right track. A separate amp should have a larger and better power supply and stronger output stage, though it may be close to the same power rating as your receiver, it will be better equipped to drive your speakers.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.