Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Rogue Audio RP-5 Preamp

I have been using Audible Illusions Preamps in my systems since day one. Presently, I am using an AI Modulus 3B preamp (their latest and greatest) in my main system. After 21+ years of dual volume controls and no remote, it's time for a change. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE the sound of my preamp so that is not the issue.

I am not looking for better sound, just a different preamp that sounds similar to the Audible Illusions. The Rogue RP-5 seems to fill the bill. It has the amount of inputs I need, plus a mm/mc phono input and a tape processor loop, and it is still tubes! There are no dealers even remotely close to me so this will be another one of those leaps of faith. I have already read all the rave reviews but I don't buy too much into them.

Have any of you heard this preamp, your thoughts? The AI Modulus 3B is 3895.00 with phono input VS the Rogue at 3500.00 I absolutely must have 4 line inputs, a tape loop and phono input. Does all this seem reasonable? rest of system: Odyssey Stratos stereo amp, VPI Scout/Denon DL103mc ctg, Sony HAPZ1ES Music Player, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, Magnum Dynalab Tuner, Golden Ear Triton 1 speakers. All power cords and filtering courtesy of Shunyata and all interconnects and speaker cable are Groneberg Quattro Reference. Two 20 amp dedicated circuits.

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the
most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Edits: 09/04/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Rogue Audio RP-5 Preamp - stereo5 16:11:15 09/04/16 (13)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.