Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Latest hifimediy Tripath T4 amp module

Putting the polies on filter caps, across diodes and rec bridges and across audio caps is something I have always done. I have read in a number articles how it is good practice and I don't believe they have to be over expensive items.

Should I get to see the bottom of another T4 board I post the chip name. Tripath licenced thier technologies to other chip makers so some chips could aspire to the Tripath design.

One thing I have noticed with Tripath Class Ds (or Class T) is as the load increases the wattage drops. With most Class Ds the bigger the load the bigger the wattage output. Hifimediy make a 4ohm load version called the T2 which is designed for 4ohm loads. This is the give-away that the module is a genuine Tripath. Part of the Tripath design is where they take the feed back point. I understand most Class Ds take the FB from the analogue stage at the end. Tripath moved the FB stage to the switching area. Supposedly better sound by better FB design.
| retro-thermionic |

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Latest hifimediy Tripath T4 amp module - mwhouston 17:17:14 09/02/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.