Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

One of the neat things about this hobby ...

...is you can always go back to something you sold, often for less money than you sold it for and then when you tire of it (again), its usually not that difficult to get your money back, assuming you buy and sell sharp.

I've owned many pieces of gear multiple times ...for example the Yamaha C2a preamp. I've always liked it since I first heard it, back in '76, I think. But, at a thousand bucks there was no way for me to afford one ...so I bought a used one years later.

I eventually sold it and bought an "upgrade".

I did that a few times and have had a Meitner PA6i, Audio Research SP-9 MKII and MKIII, Counterpoint SA-3.1 and others that escape my mind at the moment.

My current preamp ...you guessed it ...a Yamaha C2a. I think its my third or fourth one.

I don't think I lost a dime along the way and may well have made a few bucks.

I still want a Threshold FET-9 someday.

My advice, keep the CJ, buy the Mc, listen to both and keep the one that floats your boat.

Best of luck.

Dean.

reelsmith's axiom: Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.