Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: found a pic ?

Of course no-one had heard the Dynaco gear yet, but I would not rule out a good effort. Radial are not fly-by-night operators and have a worldwide reputation amongst pro audio users (musicians, sound engineers) that is top shelf. They are not about cutting corners for the sake of it, but do take value into consideration. Their products have a reputation for bulletproof reliability, and they don't outsource manufacturing to Asia.

They were distributing Mogami cable long before any audiophile thought to build a star-quad interconnect. They have always used Jensen transformers for balanced or mic level use, and recently bought Jensen, which was having some difficulty staying afloat (Radial was their largest customer by a huge margin). Other firms use cheaper transformers or op-amps for the same applications.

They were distributors of Dynaco and Hafler, and are not new to either brand. They know vacuum state technology and what makes a good transformer.

I am quite confident they know more, going in, than many HiFi manufacturers did and quite possibly do, about what they needed to do to succeed. The question is, of course, how well they have put that into practice. But I would not dismiss them outright.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: found a pic ? - gordguide 14:59:58 07/23/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.