Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

GAS Thalia II holds up well

I recently posted an inquiry about the differences between the GAS Thalia I and II, and received some useful information including an online source for the User's Guide.

I used to own a Thalia I and Grandson which made some good sounds with a pair of Klipsch Cornwalls I owned then, but I sold them both some time ago.

I thought I'd like to try another Thalia and found a v. II in real nice shape on e-Bay and just bought it. I am currently using a pair of B&W Matrix Series II loudspeakers, a newly-acquired, used Pass Labs X 250.5 and an ARC SP-8 preamp.

I was amazed when I swapped the ARC preamp out for the Thalia II. The Thalia sounded great, really spacious, very clean with great bass detail. I listen to a lot of LPs, so a built-in phono input is important to me, and I wanted to have one pre with tone controls to help out with poorly-recorded material.

I will now spend many happy hours switching out the two preamps and the two power amps I have (the Pass and an ARC VT-100 Mk III). Lovely listening to come.

Enjoy your music!

George

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - GAS Thalia II holds up well - George S. Roland 08:49:36 07/20/16 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.