Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: If Mine... I'd move on.

Hi Dpsutphin, I had the Dyna QSA-300 in the late 70's. It was my first big stereo investment as I got a personal loan from a banker friend that hung out at the pub.
About 10 years ago I bought a Dynaco ST-150 that I was going to use mono as a sub amp. It was on a forum or ebay. I had a snag and was trying to make the fix on the amp.
Out of the blue came a soon to become friend that informed me that in the production run of the Dyna-ST-150 there were 2 different circuit boards used in that amp. The numbers, which I forgot were silk screened on each board.
The QSA-300 must have all the same intended boards which will have all the same markings for identification. Maybe one of those boards was not noticed as it was installed as I made that mistake with the 150. Remember the QSA-300 was 2 150's on 1 chassis.
I'm no expert but am trying to help you eliminate all possibilitys.
With my amp back then I used 1 channel out of the 4 to run a Dalquist sub woofer using a Ace crossover. my main speakers were Dalcos, a copy of the Dynaco A-30-XL as Dyna was making changes to produce the LMS series from Canada,......check the circuit board numbers and make sure their the same.......that amp is a monster...take care......Mark Korda

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: If Mine... I'd move on. - mark.korda@myfairpoint.net 19:42:16 07/18/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.