Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: kind of Newbie to HiFi, input on new System /Amp, etc.

I've decided to focus my resources more on the DAC and Bluetooth Receiver for my setup over a new amp at this point.

I'm going to go with Anticable L2 speaker wire and their ACElectrum Silver Gold Solid core IC cable with KLE I Pure or Absolute Harmony RCA plugs. They seem to be very highly reviewed and very reasonable prices. I'm also going to get Mercury Magnetics Red Copper SD/Super Duty Power Cables... they come stock with Nema plugs but I'm considering Oyaide and Furutech wall plugs, female IEC plug and IEC receptacle for gear that has IEC, those that don't will be directly connected to MM cable. See how these effect the sound before possibly moving on to a new amplifier.

Any suggestions on wall plugs, female IEC plugs and IEC receptacles to pair with that level/sound of cables and gear? Maybe fuses as well?

Then yet another somewhat murky department for me, Digital Cables... Coax, TosLink (plastic or glass?), ideal performance length, correct type of 75 ohm plugs and fitting? Ideally around or under $150 for each type of DC IC. 1 will be for CD player to DAC, the other will probably be for apt-x Bluetooth Reciever to DAC and or 1 for Optical ouput of LG Smart TV.

For Crossovers I'm sticking with the standard coil n caps type, probably build it from Sonic Craft parts selection of caps, coils and resistors, maybe some from Parts Connexion.

The Anticable also seems like it could be a revelation for patch cables and speaker cab wire for my guitar stuff over the Van den Hul C5 patch cables and VdH scs 12 speaker cable, maybe just add one of the very tough aftermarket outer jackets for wear protection. Kinda excited to see what happens with all of these

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: kind of Newbie to HiFi, input on new System /Amp, etc. - jmunky3 15:57:18 07/12/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.