Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Decent low-end integrated with XLR's?

I am setting up a second system in a vacation home and am trying to keep costs within reason. Pretty much on impulse, I just purchased a PSAudio NuWave DAC that has both balanced and unbalanced outputs for use with the NAS that I will be using as the source via a server or streamer. PSAudio recommends using balanced wherever possible and it's my own preference in my home system.

I probably should have thought this through a bit before jumping, however. It seems that most integrated amps in my budget, i.e., maybe $700 or $800, have built-in DACs and maybe only one or two RCA inputs for an analogue source or two. If I do use the PS Audio DAC in this system, I will need at least two analog inputs in addition to the DAC inputs that I probably never will use. (I seriously doubt that there's a DAC that betters the NuWave in any low-end integrated that's out there, but, not actually having heard any. I am in no position to be certain about this.)

I suppose I ought to be looking at the used market, but, before I head there, I'll ask here: Have any of you found a decent solid state integrated with at least 50w per channel that has at least two analog inputs, including one XLR, and is remote controlled? (The other analog input is for the television set, so my wife is going to insist on a remote.)

Although balanced typically is found in more expensive products due to its higher cost of implementation, new integrateds are appearing so fast that I can't keep up. Maybe there's one I missed in this price range. I don't mind digital amps, as I now am using one to great success in my main system at home.

Any suggestions?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Decent low-end integrated with XLR's? - Mike Rubin 11:19:00 05/14/16 (16)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.