Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Out of the box, I agree

Hi SgreenP,

Through my friend Carter I understand you are a violinist. So I can respect your comment on "beauty of sound".

But from personal experience I would say there is a way around that. Don't accept the settings recommended by the hearing aid manufacturers. Individual hearing loss is in fact too individual for a "one size fits all" solution.

The hearing aids I've owned (two different models over the years) both allowed for up to four customized settings of the digital variables. Assigning one of those settings for music listening I found that I needed to continue going back for adjustments to "fine tune" what I was hearing for it to resemble the musical tones I remembered from prior to my hearing loss. It required maybe a half-dozen tune ups before I was satisfied that listening to my system and live performances sounded natural again.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing, if you can fake that you've got it made." Groucho

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Out of the box, I agree - M3 lover 11:39:59 07/21/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.