Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Thanks, Dan. Probably should just enjoy unit as is. nt.

Hi, Mark,
I've been reading this thread with interest because I've been using a MF A3.5 integrated since 2007 and have been enjoying it a lot. It's been the only pre/power source through upgrades in the turntable, phono stage and cartridge, a CD player (including a tube buffer and DAC), and speakers. With each change in the system I could easily hear the improvements in sound. (Well, one speaker "upgrade" turned out to be a downgrade and I quickly replaced them with a true upgrade.) So good or bad, right or wrong, my stereo has basically been built around the A3.5. All I can say in my defense is that the system sounds very, very good and I haven't had the urge to upgrade anything for some time now.

But, I know that the A3.5 is getting older and have wondered what an upgraded pre/power source might sound like. Trouble is, I'm not sure what the next step up might be in a modern integrated amp. Parasound's new Halo Integrated? I'm not in any hurry to find out and I may decide to go ahead and have the A3.5 rebuilt when the time comes. What have you been considering?

Regards,
Tom

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Thanks, Dan. Probably should just enjoy unit as is. nt. - tketcham 10:11:20 05/27/15 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.