Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Quicksilver V4 and ET LFT8b

Well I got a pair of QS V4's about a week ago. They are from 2009. They came with the original JJ Kt88 and I am running the LFT8b's with them. Overall sound is very good but I do notice some bass heaviness that when pushed loud on bass heavy material can sound a tad distorted. This is mostly with demanding material which I realize the V4 and the LFT8b are not optimally suited for. I ordered a set of KT120's and will see how that changes the sound/dynamics. As far as sound stage, imaging, and mid to upper range frequency response, things sound excellent. Very smooth and detailed amps.
One area I have not explored too much though due to room constraints is speaker positioning. I may just be experiencing a hump in the lower to mid bass because of this. Anyway, I hope things improve a bit with the KT120's; or else I may go back to my Moscode 600.

"The first to present his case seems right, till another comes forward and questions him" Proverbs 18: 17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - Quicksilver V4 and ET LFT8b - JohnnyTee 11:46:46 03/24/15 (28)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.