Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: REVIEW: Parasound P5 Preamplifier (SS)

System sounds so much better than it ever did biamping with the active XOs
I couldn't stand it any longer, so I hooked the other 2 channels from the MC 250/500 (500w/) to the bass management circuit

Had to use RCAs, but these are high purity silver with Eichmann RCA connectors. So, XLRs to the 250s driving the Diva II heads. The Divas are biwire, so speaker cable is just going to the mid/tweeter, no jumpers

I started at 80, but quickly turned it up to ~ 120. As the evening played on, the 2 unused mono amps warmed up and I began dialing it back. Now at ~ 100

As to be expected, before separating the 4 speakers from 2 channel to 4 channel there was some smearing, which somewhat diminished the sound stage and instruments like piano and horns

Happily, the ivory's now have the requisite tinkle, and the horns now have proper bite and blatt

A part of me wants to hook up the A23, but that still leaves the big ass W4S MC 250/500 in the system. So I would need a second A23, then I could fill my rack with cool looking silver Parasound kit

If you want to biamp without investing an and a leg, this is your preamp

In the words of George Peppard (The A-Team) I love it when a plan comes together

Edits: 03/05/15 03/05/15 03/05/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: REVIEW: Parasound P5 Preamplifier (SS) - HiOnFi 12:48:50 03/05/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.