Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Recent solid state ntegrateds without DAC/digital inputs

I own a Musical Fidelity A5 that I am thinking about replacing with another integrated for a few reasons. I have an expensive DAC that mates well with my server and would like to keep it for awhile, so I don't think I need digital inputs on any new integrated. It seems, however, that the new integrateds in my price range ($2000-3000) almost all include DAC circuitry that I don't need and for which I'd rather not pay.

Any recommendations for current production solid state integrateds introduced in the last couple of years that do NOT include digital inputs? I need approximately 100w per channel, although more probably would be better. (I currently am driving Revel Performa F32's and won't be in a rush to replace them.) A built-in or modular MM phono input will save me the trouble of having to get an outboard transformer for which I have little space in my cabinet, so that's a plus, too.

I am open to buying used, but would like to buy something a bit more modern than the A5 that I now have. If I have to choose sonic characteristics to emphasize, I want what the Brits call PRAT, great imaging, and excellent reproduction of upper order harmonics.

Any suggestions?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Topic - Recent solid state ntegrateds without DAC/digital inputs - Mike Rubin 15:52:42 02/23/15 (33)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.