Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Kenwood repair

I sold Kenwood during the era of this amp, the A23 is a huge improvement, diffferent league. The A23 would be a waste if not eventually upgrading the preamp. A nice new replacement for less money and still a nice improvement would be the Marantz stereo amp, I forget the model number. The thing is if you like the Kenwood you'll love the marantz & be in disbelief with the A23. The KM series are not bad amps they just aren't anything special. The components in the rack systems were fairly cheap to meet price points. The rack systems was a sales technique, a person could buy the entire system with speakers and the rack in one package. Think of the KM stuff as Kenwood's entry level, it wasn't even on par with their own component gear. I think you'd be thrilled with most any current new amp, however, to be sure, just buy from a retailer who would allow a return if not happy. Most any online retailer does that.

Edits: 12/15/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Kenwood repair - Mr Peabody 08:26:41 12/15/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.