Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: I was talking specifically about one type of an aftermarket replacement

The reason we changed out the original .22uf oil caps is because we all experienced an almost 100% failure rate, the caps were simply drying out probably due to the heat and poor seal design of the aluminum tube capacitor. I had asked the manufacturer of these caps as to which cap would he would recommend due to the heat and seal issue and he suggested using the copper tube variety which could tolerate the higher heat and had a better seal. I've also tried using their paper tube variety, but the best sound for me is the copper version, the only one I haven't tried is their ceramic tube version. These caps are the manufacture's higher end products and to date (going on 7 years) haven't seen a cap failure, but the best part, together with the better electrolytic caps, and other quality parts the amp is very stable and the sound is simple incredible.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I was talking specifically about one type of an aftermarket replacement - btselects 19:11:58 10/13/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.