Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

I have chosen BAT VK75SE over ARC VT100 MK3, but the sound…

Based on the comment heard from my last post here, I have bought the VK75SE while both VT100MK3 and VK75SE here in Hong Kong used market selling the exactly the same price.

I listened the VK75SE over few days, with also tubes rolling on its driving tubes,(not the 6c33c big tubes yet, waiting for the Russian original sealed boxed 6c33c coming next week)
I have found the mid range a bit grainy and not as rich when compared with my favorite Ayre V5xe. This result is opposite to my intended outcome, thinking the Triode VK75SE would be even more liquid and rich.

VK75SE bass profile clarity and weight is better than Ayre but Ayre seems to go deeper and a sense of more quantity in deep bass. My speaker is an easy driven type, JBL S2600.

(1) The little thin and grainy effect(major concern)and bass quantity issue, does it link with the wearing out 6c33c power tube causing a bit thin and grainy sound?

(2) Also the left channel produces a tiny (not seriously big) Deeeeeee electric noise, I swapped the tubes but the effect remains all left channel, Not surely if it relates to rectifiers issue or cap, Resistor issue. Anyone come across this thing?

Regards,
Eric

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Topic - I have chosen BAT VK75SE over ARC VT100 MK3, but the sound… - Eric Chan 09:33:08 10/11/14 (14)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.