Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Biasing the DNA 0.5 clarification

Would be appreciated if anyone can give me more detail on biasing.
emitter resistors are .47ohm. There is 1 adjustment pot per side. I'm not sure how you average the reading. When a reading on one resistor is say 35mv another resistor will measure 40mv and there are more emitter resistors than 2 on each side although the instructions say you don't have to measure them all. Another observance is that at least 1 or 2 emitter resisters measure 0 if in fact they are emitter resistors-- I'm assuming these are emitters because they are marked .47ohm. There are also 5kohm bleeder resistors which are not a part of the procedure-- I did measure one just to see and I think it may have measured low around the 0 or slightly above. At any rate-- just trying to get a clarification on how does one average if there is only 1 pot to adjust and how many emitter resisters need to be used. And actually the instructions say that using just the set that are readily accessible at the top of the board will suffice being that output devices are well matched. I will be able to clarify on monday unless the Maestro himself (SM) happens to see this and then I will be assured of getting right on the money info.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Topic - Biasing the DNA 0.5 clarification - skiroe 16:56:34 07/26/14 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.