Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Counterpoint Solid One Power Amplifier

A few questions to throw out.

I purchased a Counterpoint Solid One power amp for very cheap. It had been messed with by someone in the past. Simple things to fix, basically putting the casework back together correctly and straighten out the wire routing. But there are a couple of things that seem out of place.

There is a ceramic disc capacitor in line to the central ground from the input ground on only one channel. Would there be a reason for this?

After reassembly and hookup, I noticed that the transformer buzzes a little. What would cause this? The amp sounds fine, no problems.

I've read some here about Michael Elliott's tube amps but there is not much available about his solid state work. Through email he very nicely provided me with fuse values and which switch to use from Digi-Key, they had also been replaced with the wrong values.

This is a nicely built amp. Makes me wonder why there isn't more information about them.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Counterpoint Solid One Power Amplifier - Sidney F. 19:30:25 02/12/11 (5)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.