Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Streets Electronic Systems Model 950

Hello to everyone here this is my first post on your forum although I spent God knows how long lurking!

I recently fell into a pile of audio equipment. I won a pair of Von Schweikert Research VR-3 on e-bay and went to pick them up. When I was at my new friend Nick's pad I asked if he was selling his preamp and amp. Turns out he was and, after listening to them (with Nicks green parrot staring at me), I bought them. The preamp is an Anthem Pre-1 and the amp is a Streets Electronic Systems Model 950 Power Amplifier. I was just a little familiar with the Anthem and found some info on the web, but I have never heard of the Streets amp and I can't find much info on it. I did find this at Orion blue book:

TYPE: Power Amplifier
MODEL: 950
MANUFACTURER: STREETS ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS
YEAR: 1985-1989

Specifications
RMS Watts/Channel @ 4 Ohm 95

Does anyone have any more info on this mysterious amplifier or the company Steets Electronic Systems? Also on the back of the amp are the usual terminals for speakers but in addition there is another (white) terminal that is marked "Feedback Return". What is this for and how is it used? I would post a pic but my camera crapped out today.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Streets Electronic Systems Model 950 - emptycenter 20:32:53 02/15/09 (19)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.