Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Math Hertz

you can produce a graph like the one i tried to post and mart helped me out with for close to nothing (except for time which you will save later)if you already own the following equipment: a computer (i assume you have one since you are posting here)with a 16 bit sound card, a radio shack spl meter (used as an amplified mic), and the demo version of etf5. the demo version is fully fuctional except you can't save anything. it's kind of a pain to keep restarting the program if you're taking alot of measurements. i found it useful enough to buy the license. you can see the huge difference a small adjustment makes without listening to your entire collection. even if you end up listening to your entire collection anyways, you'll know why each adjustment made this or that sound better or worse. it will at least help the decision making process and keep you going in the right direction.
those room modes are a tough nut to crack. sometimes you get lucky, but in my experience if you want extended bass in a room that's not perfect more equipment and lots of head scratching is needed.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Math Hertz - hemholtz 10:57:24 03/31/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.