Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Magnepan MG 0.5 QR

Thanks a lot Josh.
The 0.5 sounds pretty good in my small room. 15 x 10 feet.
Yesterday I found a dealer who has a pair of 1.6 QS. They are taller.
He's gonna check them and placing new and better condensators. The price will be 800 dollar/euro. Garantee 1 year. We are gonn compair the two sets of speakers. And we are gonna try a few amps and compair with mine.
The dealer is enthousiast about tubes like Audio Research. But new to expensive for me.
Because I am a pro musician it's great I may try these things. At YouTube there is a man called Jay, who tell's what the best amps are for little Magnepans. He mentiones Hegel, Naim and ...... These amps deliver a lot of current, not Watt's.
I realise my amps Spectral DMC12 and Dynaco III are not the best for Magnepan. Maybe a valve pre amp and a solid state power amp would be better. Than I'm changing the whole stereo set. That's not impossible to do this year, starting with the 1.6 But what amplification would be the best. I can sell the old amps and one or two thousand dollar is not that a problem at the end of te year.
What is your advice?
Kind regards,
Wil
The Netherlands

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.