Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: the NEW sub woofers for the LRS ,,,,,,,, $3700 ?

The company is LCH Audio, based in Texas. (lchaudio.com)

I went to the show on Saturday intending to stay until Sunday but then had to leave the same day. The plan was to revisit the better stuff heard the first day for more critical listening on Sunday. Many shows tend to be unkind to most speakers due to the imposed compromises, largely the environmental ones. Dipoles can suffer the most and, sadly, Clarisys and Emminent Technologies may have been among the worst victims of it.

That said, while a pair of Magnepan .7s were not their true self either, they were impressively saved by their pairing with the LCH subs. No other subwoofer pairing with planars -- That I Have Ever Heard -- have so seamlessly worked together. Well, at least with the few selections they ran. My non-planar-fan friend could not believe what was coming out from that system. So, this became a "must repeat" room for Sunday, which we wanted to do with our own music. Unfortunately, it was not to be.

So, on first impressions alone -- which can easily be extremely misleading -- there seems to be a promising alternative in LCH. However, it took two very pricey subwoofers and associated gear to pull the right tricks in that room. Then, in my mind, some technical claims raise questions.

Anyway, I did hear enough good things as to make me more than curious. Perhaps some inmates living in LCH's neighborhood could check things out while we wait for some formal reviews.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.