Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Synergistic Research fuse purple

"Why limit yourself to your Maggie's"

Exactly! If you're going to fix your mains, do it right!

My advice for a clean mains was:

1) Drive a dedicated earth rod deep into a clean patch of ground until a certain resistance was measured.
2) Tap the mains cable entering the house to bypass all circuit breakers used in the house.
3) Run it straight to a high quality circuit breaker, (something like a Giga-Watt or Doepke, or if you are really brave, do without a circuit breaker).
4)Hardwire a high quality mains cable straight into a high quality power strip, bypassing wall outlets, power strip inlet + plug
5) Run a earth cable straight from the power strip to the dedicated earth rod just installed.
6) Use high quality aftermarket power cords on all components (I'm not big fan of mixing brands)
7) Clean every connection with deoxit, the apply silclear to each male pin, don't forget fuses!
8) Check for the correct polarity on each component.
9) Decouple the power strip
10) Upgrade fuses

Bypassing all fuses would yield sonic benefits, but at a very high risk! this is something I NEVER recommended. Bypassing the circuit breaker is also very risky, but I know a few who do without.

(Neither the fuses or fuse holders give me any grief.)

Of course not, you never know what you're missing until you remove them.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Synergistic Research fuse purple - FX35 09:11:21 05/21/22 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.