Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: I listened to some 30.7s ...

Hi Tim
That is really interesting! My uncle had a pair of Sequel IIs and I tried out the Quest. The bass just wasn't realistically integrated and I was left very unimpressed with the soundstaging which just didn't feel/sound "real". Perhaps the dealer amplification and room arrangement wasn't ideal - I was very young then and didn't really know much. It wasn't until the Summits came along that I paid attention to ML again and I was sold on them.
My room size is about 12ft x 18ft and my amplification is a Bryston 4BSST.

My musical choice is fairly eclectic with a primary love of Jazz and Classical combined with Electronic music so I am looking for an all-rounder. In truth I'm not dissatisfied with the ML Summits at all- the imaging and detail are stellar and they cover the full range in a nicely balanced way. I chose the Summit over the Vantage because they clearly won me over on vocals - the Vantage lacked the utter neutrality on female and male vocals because the crossover is set within the vocal range whereas the Summit is set to 270Hz which means vocals are largely reproduced by the panel which made all the difference. The Summits just sounded effortless and open.

I have read a lot of reviews by people with experience with both brands say that although each is great they would go with Magnepan if they could choose just one. Since my Summits are now getting on to nearly 16 years old, I know that the active bass units are likely to fail sooner rather than later and wanted to think about alternatives.

Thanks for your thoughts!
Regards Anthony

"Beauty is Truth, Truth Beauty.." Keats

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I listened to some 30.7s ... - flood2 23:46:29 11/04/21 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.