Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: what a difference a cable or two makes

I was looking on Craig's List, found an estate sale that had some Audio components and cables. Went and checked it out, most of gear was gone.

But they had a bunch of cables; XLO, Audio Arts, Wireworld, and a Wywires.

The Wywires Diamond XLR, 32 inch length. Did a quick search and saw this cable MSRP was around $4K. It was by far the best "looking" out of the bunch. They had a price if $200 on it and talked them down to $150.

This cable was the equivalent of a new upgraded component. The cable runs from DAC, (Schiit Yggy), to my Simaudio integrated.

I did not know, my system was capable of such detail, 3D images and the blackness surrounding each image locating them in the soundstage.

They replaced top of the line Zu Events.

Wywires has a 10 year anniversary special, they are selling with a 40% off MSRP. I bought their Diamond SPDif digital cable, that they increased the price by $400, shortly after I bought mine. Also bought their 2 of their power cords. Platinum Juice II High Current and Digital.

All have been upgrades to the SQ. Not to the extent that the Diamond XLR, but real synergy upgrading my loom.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: what a difference a cable or two makes - Mark Man 08:52:35 05/30/21 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.