Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Active/passive MMG help

My miniDSP came in and it is quite a cool item. I'm trying many different crossover settings, room EQ compensation will come later. I've been googling my butt off trying to find a thread with what worked for other ppl with MMG's. Can anyone point me int he right direction? I started with the stock settings of 680 LP and 2250 HP. Adjusted for a bit more midrange and it sounds pretty good but I'd love something to read to open up my perspective on what might be better. I'm currently at 850 2nd order LP and 1900 1st order HP. More listening needed after giving my ears a break. It's all starting to blend too much after so many changes. I have a few different amps to try as well after deciding on a crossover. Currently bi amped on a NAD t955. I have 2 x NAD C275BEEE, 1 Adcom 545, 2x HK-775 to play with, eventually bi-amping the center MMG as well.
Of note is that my right MMG was still stock and I was making comparisons all along with my wood frame MMG. Now with the miniDSP I can get an apples to apples comparison without much "temp" setup. I disconnected the stock crossover, soldered some silver clad copper wire directly from the driver to temporary binding posts just like the wood frame is setup. Non-wood MMG adjusted to stand as vertical as possible. You would have to be half deaf to not notice the difference immediately. Again I'm new to this but I would use words like more open, airy(but sweet), and detailed.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Active/passive MMG help - atreies 17:55:19 04/08/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.