Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Another First Reflection Trap (FRT) Adventure : Quasi-Ambiophonics

Hi and thanks again for the additional comments.

I removed the barrier and set the speakers at 20 (10/10) degrees and tested Amtra again (exported processed files in the default settings and used in my normal setup) and found some artifacts with pop music type productions (classical was better but not as clear as without the processing). However, I immediately noticed some of the possible benefits of the speakers in this configuration, so will keep the speakers set at 20 degrees until I return from the business trip.

I did a quick check at miniDSP for the software and iirc they specifically mention it will not work with the HD version miniDSP... I do not know how difficult to do this port, but with the proliferation of desktop speaker setups currently being used, I would think there is some marketability in a higher range product than the current. I admit that my initial observation of grainy-ness with the standard miniDSP may have been partly or wholly attributable to some cognitive bias on my part (my DAC is a well-fed Audio-GD NOS7).

Anyway - I am currently building a second input to my preamp for casual listening. This will be a SoTM SMS-200 to some yet-undecided DAC but with a new computer. I will build his computer with the idea to be able to run either Samplitude or JRiver with an Ambio VST plugin. I already have all the software, and some of the computer parts, so hopefully in a month or so I will be able to do a proper test.

For anyone interested in this stuff, I have just learned of some software seeming aimed mostly at pro-level use (meaning probably very expensive).. but nonetheless interesting in that this company also found the concept worth developing into a professional level product.
https://www.theoretica.us/bacch-dsp/

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Another First Reflection Trap (FRT) Adventure : Quasi-Ambiophonics - motberg 07:16:17 03/23/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.