Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Another First Reflection Trap (FRT) Adventure : Quasi-Ambiophonics

Thanks for being adventurous enough to try Ambiophonics. In general software outperforms a barrier in practice. This is because the barrier does not work over as wide a frequency range as the software and normally barriers cannot cancel crosstalk as completely due to diffraction at the edge. It is also hard to keep one's head close to the end of the barrier or watch a 3D movie.

It is essential with software that the speakers be less than a third the stereo spacing. This is to avoid introducing a head shadow that the software is not anticipating and also to keep the pinna direction finding errors to a minimum.

If Amtra is not your cup of tea, try the little miniambio component and then you don't need a computer running all the time. It also has a parametric equalizer that you can use to make things sound like the barrier if you do hear a difference. (Remember that stereo is quite colored With any of the RACE devices, I get a really wide, up to 180 degree stage, with many LPs or CDs not to mention movies like Avatar. Don't give up. Once you have it working you will never want to listen in 60 degree stereo again.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.