Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Another First Reflection Trap (FRT) Adventure : Quasi-Ambiophonics

Thanks. Right you are. The D should be in the denominator. Somehow when the book was added to the website, the slash got lost. I don't doubt the equation can be improved. For instance if D is very small so that the speaker separation is about twice T, the thickness of the panel, and if the panel thickness is about the width of the head H then the good listening distance to the edge of the panel is close to HX/D.

Now for some realism, if the speakers are close together at two feet and the barrier is say six feet long for a ratio of about 3 this implies that one can listen at the edge of a head width barrier up to 6 head widths away from the edge or 3.5 feet or over a meter away. In practice this does not work. As soon as the left eye can see the right speaker, and the right eye can see the left speaker you get mono. Ralph

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Another First Reflection Trap (FRT) Adventure : Quasi-Ambiophonics - glasgal@ambiophonics.org 14:00:45 03/13/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.