Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Another First Reflection Trap (FRT) Adventure : Quasi-Ambiophonics

>>Also am I correct that the greatest effect of the XTC is at about 1 kHz? In which case maybe I should optimize the distance for the midrange units -- will try it again using that as a parameter. Meanwhile, I ordered a copy of AmbiophonicDSP to play with.

I forgot to address this point earlier. The barriers will do the isolation from above 1000Hz. However, the separation gradually declines from 1000Hz to 400Hz. it was mentioned in the many AES papers that you will find on the website.

Just a word of caution here. Ideally, the main speakers should be line array type. So it is possible that you are right.

I hope you get your AmbiophonicsDSP working well. Please note that the values would change if the sampling rate of the source changes. Initially, it would be tter to experiment with big ensemble classical music and only then move to other genres. The "zentrum" should be set around 2 to 3dB. With convolution speakers, I set the "space" to zero. However, your mileage may vary and set them according to your taste for non convolution approach.

And lastly, here is the link which was made earlier with 8 convolution speakers.

It is difficult to evaluate the sample as my stereo and Ambio with 12 speakers were recorded with binaural microphone and meant to be heard with headphones. The original file is inserted between for you to compare all three versions.I could have done better with the stereo recordings but it wasn't easy to move the speakers. :)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.