Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Another First Reflection Trap (FRT) Adventure : Quasi-Ambiophonics

Sorry for the delay. I am still unsure how to navigate here.

If you are using a barrier than the ideal separation should be around 10 degrees. Like in the picture below. It must not be more than 30 degrees. Unfortunately this is not practical to most.

The ambiophonics prepossessed files in the website can be listened without the barrier. That's how it should be listened. If you add the barrier than the cancellation signals would not reach you other ears and that explains the lack of soundstage.

Try again without the barrier. Alternatively, you can use any stereo recording and use it with a barrier. It requires no preprocessing or DSP. If you are using the ambiophonics plugins than do not use the barrier.

My main speakers are about one foot apart. There are no barriers. I use AmbiophonicsDSP with JRiver. I also use additional speakers for convolution. Basically, total speakers in my system are 26 units. Except for the main speakers, the rest are low priced small/micro home theater speakers.

IMO, even with the standard 2 speakers they sound so much better than stereo.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.