Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Bluetack and cinder block

Yes, isn't it interesting that stand-mount speakers have always used Blutak to secure them to the top of the stand, but the stand itself is traditionally spiked to the floor. With floor-standing speakers, the trend seems to be away from spikes into the floor to more of an isolation method.

I'm far from convinced that any of these practices have any over-riding advantage (as otherwise there would be no further discussion) and that what works best after trials of particular speakers on particular floors seems to be far preferable than doing what others say we should do - or spending daft sums of money on what they want us to believe will make a massive difference to the sound!

I think I'll get some thick slate slabs cut to fit the underside of the cabinets and have holes drilled so they can be bolted directly to the speakers (adding 50% to their mass) but also testing using Bluetak between the speaker and slab. I would choose slate over any other stone as it is very dense and has less "ring" than marble or even granite. Peter

Edits: 03/03/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.