Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: "New" Quads and Stands

I think the madness was real, but in context it was for cabinet resonance, whereas the Quads don't have a cabinet per se.

Not to say spikes wouldn't improve the sound, but to be honest, you'll spend a lot of time positioning the Quads until you find the perfect spot. I have the 63's and a .25" toe in or out can be heard. You don't want to be messing with spikes until you've at least reached the sweet spot.

Another thing, I used to use tape measures and strings and levels and on and on. It's a great starting point, but don't be afraid to experiment.

One day I broke free and did all kinds of crazy set ups until I found one that worked for me. It was almost therapeutic when I actually toed them waaaay out to see what would happen.

In the end, they are toed in, but not identical degrees. The distances from side, back and front walls vary by inches. It all depends on your room of course. Obviously my room wasn't the easiest to work with, but "life finds a way." (Jurassic Park?)

Enjoy your Quads!

Jonesy

"I know just enough to get into trouble. But not enough to get out of it."

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.