Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: An alternative to a 'tympani' would be a 20.7 size woofer!

Well, the label on my other panel reads 62/48. But these would be the frequencies measured at time of manufacture, so presumably the numbers dropped as the drivers broke in and these are meaningful only as relative values. They appear to be tuned do (woofer) re (midwoofer) mi (woofer) fa sol la (all midwoofer). Then presumably you have the resonance of the unpartitioned diaphragm since the hold downs don't extend the full width. And that's going to be the lowest resonance, but it isn't marked on the label.

Thanks for the heads up on the Velcro. That being the case, it occurs to me that magnets might be better. Maybe I can steal a couple of strips out of the speakers . . .

I did fix the radiator myself. It's an unusual arrangement -- single ended steam and I didn't want it venting into the room since I'm sensitive to mold and it releases some steam/brings up musty air from the vent in the basement. So I enclosed the vent and ran vinyl tubing back down to the basement through the plumbing chase, but something blocked the tube over the summer. Fortunately, I was able to get to the bad section by removing an outlet box in the living room on the floor below and didn't have to cut into the wall.

Next step, getting the plumber back to move the radiator to the other wall so I can put the bass panels where I want them! Either that, or get a Class A amp and do away with the radiator entirely. :-)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.