Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: caveat added

This is a question of your listening habits and the size and particulars of your room.

The room is not too large for a 1.7 but it might be a bit bass light and need subs. It is a perfect size for a 3.7 or a 20.7 - again depends on your listening preferences.

Whichever speaker model you end up with you need to find out how you listen to it. Which is why I still harp on the amp. It would be a waste if you end up buying an Atlas on Saturday and find out the sound is lovely but too anemic for your tastes in that room. On the other hand if you got a rogue M180 and found it to be more powerful than you need, then you chucked out $3k extra for something you don't need. Last, perhaps you are a secret bass blaster at heart and need a kilowatter to scratch your itch.

The highest satisfaction is expressed by folks driving their 1.7 and more so a 3.7 by something like a Sunfire 600, a Sanders Magtech amp, gigantic tube amps like the old Rogue Apollo and Bryston 7B. On the cheap end, D Sonic and pro audio amps like the XLS 2500 and for a bit more the XTI 2002, on the other hand some will power them with 20 W triodes and be happy with the quiet listening they get.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.