Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: The system that made me love Magnepan speakers

I remember my first encounter with a Magneplanar. Was around 1982, I think, and I was at as all boutique for my first real turntable (an LP-12) and I heard what I swear sounded like live music coming from another room. When I asked to go in to that listening room I was greeted by the sound of the MOFI pressing of John Klemmer "Touch", played back through the unusual flat panel speakers. I stayed and listened for a couple of cuts and couldn't believe the transparency and presence heard through that set up (ARC electronics). From that moment on, the Maggie's were on my wish list. Though my first speaker purchase after that was the ProAc Studio 1 monitors, I eventually got my wish around 2005 when I purchased my 1.6qr system. Because I had to downsize in 2011 to MMG, I eventually plan to go up to the 1.7i or higher as space allows.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: The system that made me love Magnepan speakers - srwilsonmiami 07:50:03 07/18/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.