Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Anti-cables...

I don't know what you mean exactly by having "high end cables" around just to impress your friends...my friends are not really impressed by cables but if yours are it is good that you can oblige them.

I use copper ribbon speaker cables made by Goertz. These work better than most else i have tried (I can hear quite a difference) and were not very expensive. Getting the same thing in Silver would be a substantial cost increase though.

Interestingly, I have found that it has not so much to do with the the highest frequencies (dog zone as you put it) but in texture and control of bass, soundstage/imaging and orderliness of the whole sound structure. Many cables sound noisy or "fizzy" in the highs and I found that flat ribbons clean this up nicely and that has a knock on effect for the imaging/soundstaging, improving it significantly. Also, my Goertz are the equivalent copper of a 10 gauge wire, so bass is ultra solid.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.