Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Maggies across the map Tympani 1U, Mg 1.5, Mg1a (improved), .7, and X.7i

The power registers of the music are better executed by the Tympani I. What they lack is the ribbon sparkle and detail. Your room might not be well proportioned to accomodate the Tympani but should do well with a split configuration (or a reverse split configuration - i.e. where the bass panels are up front near the center of the sidewalls while the tweeter panels are behind.)

You can have a better result than with the 3.7i by simply adding a ribbon tweeter to the T-1. There are a number of aftermarket ribbon super tweeters. The small Dayton AMT tweeters are also an option though they don't reach that high up (inexpensive too) and you could mount them on the tweeter panel.

http://www.parts-express.com/aurum-cantus-g2-ribbon-tweeter--276-402
is one solution and you can cross it over at 12khz with a resistor to lower the output (96db sensitivity vs mid 80s for the T-I). You can mount it beside the tweeter panel.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Maggies across the map Tympani 1U, Mg 1.5, Mg1a (improved), .7, and X.7i - Satie 15:39:25 11/21/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.