Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

How would, could, and should I bi-amp my maggie 2.5rs?

I have a pair of 2.5rs that are in really good shape. For now I have them on front sound stage of a Onkyo receiver TX-NR 809. This receiver has capability to biamp....but I believe it is a passive approach. In the owner's manual from Onkyo it instructs you to make sure that you connect main front speaker outputs to bass section inputs on whatever bi amp ready speaker you connect to. And Then you connect the surround back outputs to treble section inputs on same bi-amp ready speaker. This receiver is rated at 135w at 8 ohms, 160w at 6 ohms ....continuous minimum power. This receiver is capable of handling down to 4 ohm speakers and on bi amp configuration it can be set at 4 ohm or 6 ohm settings. The previous owners of my MG 2.5rs had given me a box of two ceramic resistors and two assembled groups of capacitors. See attached photos.......So what I am finally getting at....sorry about the long way i went about it......is can i biamp these maggie 2.5rs to the onkyo for any great benefit or not and if so would you please help me with instructions in laymen terms because I am a slow learner when it comes to electrical or electronic terminologies. Appreciate getting to be a member of this site and do the best I can to talk, walk and act like an inmate. Thanks
Happy Trails to You....Until We Meet Again

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • How would, could, and should I bi-amp my maggie 2.5rs? - smemmott 19:55:05 07/30/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.