Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Placement of Tympani's for HT

Satie it is interesting that you mention that the 1-D tweeters might be used as surrounds. I have a couple of 1-D tweeters factory rebuilt a ways back with 3m 30NF so I assume they should be in good shape, but they have been sitting for a couple of years. I finally got into my new apartment and have included a picture of my new setup with 1-D's and IIIa "Frankenpans". I recently re-socked the 1-D bass/mid panels, and they sound awesome in the mix as well as look great in my new room which is also my bedroom/TV room. I am using just the two bass/mid panels with the IIIa/20.7 foiled by the factory, mids. They used the same fail that they use on the 20.7n mids to rebuild the IIIa's as well as all new mylar. They looked like new when they arrived. They did an superb job on the rebuild. I also use a center speaker, but I can take it out of the mix when I listen to music.
Would like to consider using passive/active combination for crossovers, but I will enter a new post for that separate subject. Congrats to our new poster on the find. i know you will enjoy them immensely, and find years of pleasure listening and tweaking them as I and others have.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Placement of Tympani's for HT - computerman 07:30:22 06/28/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.