Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: are there any Marchand Xover enhancements that you would suggest ?

I can say that is a reason some use tube rectification and gas diodes but my modster friend does like his FREDs. I don't doubt that Pass is right about switching noise reduction with slow diodes, I also don't expect my modster friend has the slightest issue with existing noise levels in his tubed and vinyl centric system. Those are way below what is inherent in this source and gain devices. His main noise reduction step was to use a MM cartridge. A step I readily took myself.

He dud have a hum issue that he traced back to the filament power supply on his preamp's phono stage which he powers separately through a separate tranny and regulator board.. So he put a choke on it and got a cleaner regulator and it solved the issue. He says it easily covered the cost of the scope that showed him where the hum was coming from.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: are there any Marchand Xover enhancements that you would suggest ? - Satie 14:49:33 04/25/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.