Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Room corrected planar systems

I have been contemplating a couple of Carver CRM-2 speakers for surrounds or even possibly for a center replacement. I found some at a reasonable price, ah but there is so much more to consider first, like new furniture for my new apt. lol... Has anyone looked at the link I posted about IK Multimedia's offering of the Audyssey MultEQ XT-32? http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/MUG/messages/21/215752.html#postfp An Audyssey room eq for $299 list?? Although it is geared to the production user, it just might work in a reproduction system like ours...maybe a poor mans EQ?
I do not have the luxury of implementing Limage as my listening room is also my bedroom. Although it is quite large 14x14, and I have kept furniture to a minimum, it does limit placement. I have everything placed as ideally as they can be after much discussion here, but I cannot move my speakers, say five feet from the wall. Two to three feet is more realistic for me. Hence the investigation of room correction. Would love to hear some feedback on the above link. Does it sound like a full blown Audyssey or perhaps pared down a bit? I know nothing about the Audyssey, but hopefully someone here does.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Room corrected planar systems - computerman 06:05:55 04/17/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.